Sunday, April 26, 2009

Put me in Coach...

...I'm ready to play...look at me...I could be..center field...
Oh I am blogging that's right not supposed to be singing! Ha!
So this weekend we spent at the ball field! Austin had a tournament (pre-season) So Saturday morning we were off...If you don't remember anything about last year and Austin's team...UMMMmm that is ok...as we try to block it out as well! So this year we have almost all of the same kids, lost a couple, gained a couple...and seriously they look like a whole new team! They played their first game Saturday at 10am and WON 21-3....I know holy crow! We were all soooo very proud of them! Between games we had a FEAST...I really do mean a FEAST! I love having weekend tourneys or games! It really reminds me of when I played ball and my Mom would pack this wonderful cooler full of sandwiches and chips and fruit and citrus Gatorade...do you remember citrus Gatorade? My fav my Dad's fav too! Darn Gatorade for not making it anymore! Oh again off the subject...oops! So here is Austin playing second base...
or maybe he is talking to the coach?! Not sure but anyways...We played our second game at 2pm and won that game too....21-4...OH YEAH BABY!!!!! They looked GREAT!!
...is he cute or what.... oh, off the subject again.... Okay, so here is Austin in Center...he played both center and second this weekend!
...people really they all played so well! In these two games they scored more than they did all season last year...oh and in case you did not catch the scores...that is 42 points in 2 games...and because of those 42 points...by Saturday night they were ranked #1...did you hear me #1!!!! So we got the bye and did not have to play until today at noon! That is AWESOME!!!! Okay so now for the really sad part...but not before you check out this picture of #21 on the field #1 in your heart....drum roll please
AUSTIN LAFEVER!!!!
So I know this is just a warm up picture but....Oh and I almost forgot...in this tourney the boys were aloud to lead off (in our league they have to wait one more year) THEY DID WONDERFUL!!! They were stealin' fools!!! And I watched Austin dive back into first base....dirt on his belly...OOOHHHH I LOVED IT!!!
Oh I know I still have to tell you the kinda bad news....
Well we lost Sunday at noon! BUT we lost to a travel ball team...ummm this was to be a rec ball tourney but...some how there were 2 travel ball teams entered! So on paper we got 3rd....But if they played by the rules and it was only rec ball....
FIRST PLACE, BABY!!!!
What a way to start off the season!
Congrats to all the HYO Blue boys...looking forward to a fun season!!!!
I am planning on updating you on some other news tomorrow!
I am sure your eyes are tired of reading!!!!!

No comments: