Monday, December 8, 2008

I LUV CHRISTMAS...

Do you love Christmas?
I LOVE Christmas!
I love the smell of Christmas. I love getting all of my decorations out. I love the lights. I love giving gifts. I love the crowded stores and, waiting in line. I love being with family. I love all the yummy food. I love wrapping the gifts. I love Christmas music. I LOVE IT!!
And this year I love it even more than last year. And next year I will love it more than this year. There is just something about it...and really it is not all the things I mentioned above that are important to me...well ok...the food...oh and being with family! But the fact that Jesus is a HUGE part of my life and we are celebrating his life...WOW!!! I love it!!
This year I told myself...self lets make December just unforgettable! Let's bake cookies and make a mess in the kitchen ( I do not like messes in the kitchen ) let's go see the lights at the zoo and really enjoy them, let's get our shopping done early so we can really enjoy it all! Let's give because we WANT to give and not because we "feel obligated". Let's be happy because we are so truly blessed why would we not be happy. Let's sit and watch all the old Christmas shows that I watched as a kid, and not rent the movie...really sit on the couch and watch it on TV...Charlie Brown, Rudolph, The Grinch, Frosty...I remember as a kid watching those shows and feeling happy, excited...blessed! And I want my kids to have those same feelings! And so far it is the 8th of December and we are right on track!
So...not that you needed to know or even wanted to know about all this...I know most of you read to see pics of the kids and all but today this is what you get....
I LOVE CHRISTMAS and ALL the things that go with it!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you!! Charlie Brown is on channel 10 tonight! I love sitting in the living room with only the Christmas tree on for light...

Steve and Carolina said...

I love Christmas too, as you know! I have to believe that when you know the reason for Christmas and really make faith a big part of the holiday, it makes it all so much better. Every little thing about Christmas is better, even making your kitchen a mess and waiting in lines. We can't give gifts to Jesus, so we want to give to others. That is the way I look at it anyway.

Coolwhip said...

I <3 Christmas too!! I'm way behind on everything, but I'm keeping a good attitude about feeling rushed now. Of course, a funeral has a way of helping you keep things in perspective! Our tree is up and decorated, and I am about 80% done with shopping....will be wrapping this weekend for sure!!

LaFever's said...

Oh Ang your back...I know I should have called you...I hope you are doing well. And the kids and Brian, hope you are all doing well! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!