Monday, October 27, 2008

snow, results, WOO-WOO's and more!

Do you see this...SNOW...SNOW I said...Allie and I were reading in her book this morning during breakfast and we look up and this is what we see....SNOW!!!!
Now I like snow...IN DECEMBER!! I am even okay with it in NOVEMBER but OCTOBER...not okay with it! I know it won't last but the thought of it even being here already is...okay can't think of a word...it's just not okay!!! Allie thought it was pretty cool and Cash keeps saying "ssnoow" I for one think it is ugly!!! Unless it is DECEMBER! Does anyone out there think I may want to think about moving...well I have already thought about that...but J and the kidos say NO!!!! Moving on....Johnny got his results today...the Dr says that the moles they removed are a typical...that is good! No Cancer! So only one more visit to the dermatologist and hopefully we can stay clear of that place for a while...6 months to be exact!
Well Saturday was an end to a very long colt football season....Can I get a " WOO-WOO" this football season was the longest season ever...could it be that my son got the shaft every time I turned around, could it be that I do not like to see him get hit, could it be that his coach was...well I will leave that alone! Whatever it could be I will miss ONE thing about it being over...the company I had at practice! With an end to football is also an end to cheer leading....I actually enjoyed being one of the coaches this year, though I will probably not do it again, I did enjoy it! We had a pretty good set of parents and a great group of girls. I will miss them....I am still glad it is over!
Sparta Youth Baseball and Softball is also over!!!! Can I get another " WOO-WOO" With the lack of help that we have received over the past couple years that I have been President is just ridiculous! And there are 2 other organizations in the Highland community that will do just fine with our Sparta kids! So although I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted it is kinda sad that I will for the rest of forever be known as Katie LaFever the one who dissolved SYBSA....Oh well I have been known as worse!!!! And in all fairness to myself and Brandy we got in this for the kids and we can't do it by ourselves so we will get out for the kids and give them a better opportunity along with some sanity for us!!!! I have talked with some of the other organizations and let them know that if...IF Allie wants to play next year I would still like to coach her....most of them agree that it will be possible!!!
Last I checked it was October...Johnny usually takes a lay off for the winter months...but it is not even Halloween yet and they are already talking lay offs! Please pray for us that he will be able to work just a little longer! Thanksgiving is ok...But Halloween...not ok!!!! I have told him that I will go and get a job with no problem. However in the summer months when the kids are out of school I would be working to pay a sitter and I am not about that! Maybe Wal-mart will hire for the seasonal months?! Well whatever it will be God will help us...he always does!
Not much else is going on we are looking forward to having some rest and relaxation! Oh my I just really don't even know what we will do for the next few months of No practice, No games, No....nothing...Oh I guess maybe we can get the basement done...you know the one we wanted to have done like 2 months ago....I will keep you updated on how that goes!!!

2 comments:

Coolwhip said...

Katie...what a relief knowing that J is cancer free!! WOOHOO!! I think that is the ultimate WOOHOO, if you ask me!! lol I'll be praying for the job situation as well...just give it to God...He'll know what to do with it!! And He already knows your needs! We've been enjoying our "free" nights as well, since football & cheer has ended. Although I'll miss hanging with you guys and Cheryl & her gang!!

Steve and Carolina said...

Happy for you and Johnny that everything came back cool. I feel ya on the snow, NC is an awesome place if you dont like much snow!! While we think its cold, its still sunny and beautiful. Around 55 degrees or so.....