Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well the kids and I made it the weekend and we all still are alive...Thanks for the prayers!!!
Saturday we got up and cleaned the house, and I did say WE! It only took an hour maybe. The kids were amazed at how fast we were able to get it done! I was able to do my "I told you guys it goes fast when we work together" speech! You know one of those "when I am a mom I will not say that to my kids" Yeah well I ate those words...just like the other ones I eat so often!!! Being a Mom is hard work! So hats off to all of us Mom's! And Dad's! Johnny ended up working 12 hrs on Sat and 15 hrs on Sun! We were all happy to see him Sunday night! Still not sure how long this will go on, so keep up the prayers! So after cleaning the house the kids and I made some snacks to take to the party! We had a good time! RIP Piglet : ( Allie and I both agree that a pig roast is "gross" The boys disagree with us! On Sunday we went to church and found out that we are going to be able to change the baptism date, due to J having to work. Still not for sure on a date yet. Austin is meeting with David our Pastor tomorrow morning so we may know something after that. After church we went over to The Garrett's for lunch and conversation, playtime for the kids! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed every minute of it! Yesterday was back to football and cheer! The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL! I mean low 70's, sunny, a nice breeze! You can just smell fall in the air! I love fall! So, I made chili for supper! Odd for August but like I said the weather...it was saying...fall...chili...so I made it! And it was very good! Not as good as yours Dad! But okay I am trying! Today is a little warmer outside. I spent all morning freezing sweet corn! I have never done it before, it is messy but not too hard and I know in January it will taste so good! Well it is off for now, Jake and Jenna will be leaving soon and before I know it, yup time to leave for football!
Enjoy our lazy day pics...

No comments: