Sunday, August 17, 2008

~Husking Sweet Corn~
Saturday it was up early!! My Mom came over to freeze some corn! The kids with some help husked all 8 dozen ears! We have found that it was not a hard job...but messy! I am most certain that it will be worth it when we are eating yummy corn in the winter!
That took up most of our day! It was nice to be able to spend the day with my Mom! I did get the kids rooms cleaned out! Funny, I thought about a year ago that I would not have to actually clean out anything for at least a couple of years...not true! We have more "stuff" than anyone should have! It was a relief to be able to check their rooms and the corn off of my "to do" list!

There he is "Papaw's Boy"

To my Mom's surprise he was "Mimi's Boy" Saturday! I think he is "Who ever will pay the most attention to him boy"

Sunday! I am happy to report Johnny was able to cut the grass today!!! And the end result.....

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!!!

So up early again today for Church! (Austin will be baptized on the 29th of August!) Then off to the grocery store! And home to find...Johnny is home and DONE with the 7 days a week!!! We were all glad to be able to spend the day together! We really did not do much. Watched a little bit of the race, worked in the yard, cooked dinner on the grill!! I say that with excitement. You see I do not do well on the grill. J is our grill man! I can cook and will cook but the grill and I...we really don't like each other very much! Or maybe it is that the grill does not like me very much?! Well anyways, we had a great dinner and a wonderful day!!

I also must tell you that Friday we finished up our school shopping! And for the first time ever....Our daughter LOVES to shop!!! This is very exciting to me 1. I love to shop 2. Allie and I are out numbered here, and I need her to like to do girlie things so we can be close 3. I love to shop 4. I have been waiting for a long time for her to actually like to try things on and like doing it! And pick really cute things out and agree that they are cute! And 5. I love to shop!! So Johnny...well he rolls his eyes and tells Allie "Nice Al" "Cute honey" What I am afraid he means is "there goes my paycheck" Well anyways the school shopping is done, except for Austin's shoes! Ummm yea he was fun to shop with too! Really! He actually asked to go into stores that I did not even know he knew about! So again because I love to shop...it was a good day!

GO MICHAEL PHELPS...was that cool or what!!!! I did not even know that I could get into swimming let alone be on a count down and cheering at the TV as though it could hear me!!!!

So that was our weekend! Busy as always!

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

Good grief!! I'm exhausted just from reading all that you did this weekend!! I would have never imagined that Allie didn't like to shop...glad she had the turn around! Both Sarah & Andy love to shop; and they both like clothes too!! And what can I say?!!?!? Your YARD looks amazing!!!! It's beautiful, and I'm sure you'll remind Johnny, if ever he should complain about mowing, that he was the one that babied the grass into growing so nice, lush, and green! HAHA!! See ya tonight!