Saturday, August 1, 2009

*here I am*

Okay, I know I have been gone for a LOOOOONG time!!! But for good reason!!!
I have had a "to do" list that is never ending!!! And 2 kids that go back to school in 2 weeks!
So along with all the things I really need to be doing...umm I may have been putting some things off...and blogging has been one of them!
And if you have/had/want to have....THIS
you know where my "spare time" goes!!! HA HA HA "spare time"!!!!!
So, I have peppers hot/mild/very hot/very mild, cucumbers, melon, green beans (not ready YET) tomatoes (A LOT)
And several cookbooks to tell me what in the heck I can do with all of this....
and I have come up with a few things! I know FOR SURE we will NOT be buying ANY green peppers this winter! I have 15 bags frozen! I am waiting on the secret recipe for my Dad's mustard.....I jumped online today and found a recipe...."not good enough" and I have been thinking all day ....maybe I need to just pack myself and all my peppers up, get in the car...and go NORTH?!
Well....I would love too, but those cucumbers...or cum~peppers (Cash) are calling my name.... So I made some dill pickles!! They smell really good...and I will just say a prayer that they taste good!!! And after all this work that I have been doing......
Johnny is tired!!!
HA HA!!! Just kidding!!! Well he is tired as you see...but he has been helping too!!! Weeding that garden is a chore all by itself!!!!!
Okay, so when I am not busy in the kitchen...baaaaaaahhhhh that just sounded REALLY weird...me, Kate.....busy in the kitchen?! Okay so when I am not busy in the kitchen *snicker* I have been catching up on some deep cleaning! And after doing that this past week...The LaFever's are having a YARD SALE!!!!!!!!! Not sure when this will take place, but it WILL!!!
And then with any spare time I have.....
...I am working outside in the flowerbeds!!! I spent all afternoon last Sunday getting some starts from a "professional" not really but they should be!!! They have beautiful flowerbeds....I tried to get them to just come on over and plant everything they had given me...no such luck!!! I am not complaining, I know I brought home hundreds and hundreds worth of plants....for FREE!!! I just hope they will make it!!!!!
this is my FAVORITE...I already had this. It is a day lily. And it is called....
Ed Murray
that was my Grandpa's name! I found it last year...I bought everyone of those dang lily's!!!!
This is one of the starts I brought home last weekend! It is called a Magic Lilly! I was so excited about this one and then......POOF it was GONE!!!! and NOT because it "magically" disappeared! But because some cute, little, dirty faced, boy in his Diego underwear hacked it off!!!
So see not a lot has changed around here....prince charming is still......prince charming!!!
Austin has decided not to play football, but to play fall baseball! We are very excited about this! He is playing in ages 12-15. Last night at his practice he had an 18 year old pitching to him! He hit off of the kid too! Johnny and I both think this will be good for him.
Allie is still 9 going on 19! God help us!!!! She has talked her Daddy into getting her a cell phone! So if she calls you in the middle of the night or for no reason at all...just answer and you will make her day!!!
Like I said they only have 2 more weeks until they go back to school. So we will be busy this week and next spending some good times together!!!!
I will try really hard not to be such a slacker....but like my Ma always says
"No news is good news"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to have you back! I'm VERY impressed with your industrious activities!! I'm totally bummed though ~ I have like 10 various pepper plants and I have hardly any coming in. We are just about to be bombarded with tomatoes.