Monday, August 24, 2009

Last week!

So last Monday I sent my 12 year old to school...7th grade!!! Since the kids start Middle school in the 6th grade now, it was not too bad. However, I can remember 7th grade...like it was yesterday!! That part makes me sad. My little "Tin~Man" is growing up!!!
A friend of ours is taking him to school this year, along with her son. So he does get to sleep in a little more than he did last year. And between Mimi and Mommy he gets a ride home in the afternoon!! He said after the first week, he likes all his teachers and is happy to have a bigger locker!! His classes are not all the same kids, so he likes that he gets to see many of his friends durring the day. Let's just pray that he is not being too much of a social bug...and spending his time learning!
After Austin left it was time to get my big fourth grader ready!! The first day was not too bad. She had her outfit picked out the day she bought it!!! And we cut her hair so that was fairly simple too!! She eats the same thing for breakfast EVERYDAY...Fro.sted Fl.akes, so again simple! As the week went on, it did get a bit more complicated!! She is VERY head strong...hmmm wonder where she gets that?! Johnny is very thankful that he is at work when we are having words in the morning!! It may go a little like this:
  • Mommy> Allie it is too hot to wear long sleeves
  • Allie> I don't care, it looks SOOOOO cute
  • Mommy> I care, and yes it is cute but it will be even cuter when it is worn in the right season!!!
  • Allie> When do I get to pick out my clothes by.myself.without.your.help??
  • Mommy> (under my breath) When you get a fashion degree, or in about 5 years when your fashion sense kicks in!! (out loud) OH honey maybe next year!
  • Allie> FINE!!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO WEAR?????
  • Mommy> Ummm this cute very age appropriate pair of gym shorts and this cute little softball shirt?!
  • Allie> WHATEVER.....

OH did I argue with my Mom like this? And this is really a mild disagreement!! Some days....OH MY WORD!!!!

So once we are past the getting ready part! She seems to really enjoy her day!! She did want to know who the genius was that took out the playground (for construction) and is having the kids play in the parking lot!? HA HA!! And all the hype about the teacher she was not looking forward to having...she is over it! She seems to like her!!! OH THANK YOU JESUS!!!

I have told you that AJ is playing fall baseball this year instead of football!! He is loving it! And doing really well! Saturday the other team had a 14 year old pitcher, that could throw 80 MPH....OH MY GOODNESS!! Austin said he was really nervous...and he did strike out. But he probably has the best on base average on his team! It is hard to pitch to a kid that is not very big, so a walk it is!!!! Now he has hit several times, and actually gotten on base too! They are 90 ft bases so this is a change too!
So here his is batting on Saturday!! Check out how little he looks compared to the catcher....these are some BiG kids he is playing with!!!
He did hit the ball, I missed the action shot!
It was very un-August like here this weekend. Saturday night at his game I was in jeans, and a sweatshirt and wishing that I had a blanket!! I did not so I just pulled the truck up so I could see and sat in there...with the heat on!!!
So that is that!! Week #1 at school done!! We will get this week over and then they have a 9 days off!! And then back at it again!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Al's hair makes her look SO grown up! Did you cut it yourself? She looks adorable! but OLDER! :(
Good heavens that kid looks a LOT bigger than Austin!!

Coolwhip said...

HOLY COW!! That catcher is HUGE compared to Austin!! Sarah had her 1st day outfit picked out for weeks before school started...glad she's not the only one!! lol However, we haven't quite yet had the morning arguments about what she is wearing (unless it doesn't match, of course). But I know it's coming...oh do I know it's coming.

Jen said...

Fun to catch up on your posts!! Our mornings are usually filled with arguments but it goes something like this, "Katey, did you brush your teeth?" (Oh, I forgot Mommy) "Katey, did you brush your hair?" (Oh, forgot that, too) "What did you do?" (Looked in the mirror for awhile.) Gotta love girls. :-)