Thursday, August 27, 2009

Canning Take 2!!!!!!!!!

I did it!!!!
I know I told you I did the pickles a few posts back...ummm okay so....they were B.A.D!!! And not the good B.A.D....but the gag the minute you tasted them B.A.D!!!!! WAY to salty....we did deep fry them....then they were the good B.A.D...but not healthy!!! So, I tried!!! And after going to visit my sister who has turned into quite the little homemaker....I knew I HAD to try again...ummm okay with her help!!!! I also had to do something with ALL of these peppers...and per Johnny request, my Dad makes the B.E.S.T Pepper butter, I had to try it too!!! Okay I confess Jess already had done hers and so she helped me with that too!!!
So, all afternoon and evening I, with the help of "Becky Home~ecky" (I love you, Jess!!! and you know I am just jealous!!!) made some, now edible dill pickles and "Dad's famous mustard" As far as what else I have been up to?! Cleaning out the basement....eeeewwww!!! Not fun!!! Getting somethings ready for a future garage sale, tossing out things we DO NOT need!!! And re-organizing!!! I know now you are jealous of me....hahahahaha!!!! I have made a small dent in the work that needs done, however a "to do" list is n.e.v.e.r e.n.d.i.n.g!!!!! Tomorrow the kids have school and then they will be off for 10 days!!!! I am looking forward to that!!! I still have not heard back on a job?! Please pray for me that if it is meant to be I will get something!!! For now I will enjoy my little people and try to come up with something to do with ALL of these tomatoes!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job...I'm so proud. And also, if you love me you'll give me a jar of that "pepper butter". I want to try it! lol

Coolwhip said...

You did good, Kate!! You should be proud of yourself!! Good luck with the tomatoes!