Wednesday, January 14, 2009

snow...

We are getting a lot of it! This week has been crazy with the snow and school! Yesterday Austin's bus was stuck in a ditch somewhere...Thank God he was not on it...Johnny was off to work so he took him. In the time he left I got 4 phone calls...Cheryl to tell us that school was cancelled...Mom to tell us that elementary ONLY was on a 2 hr delay...Angel to say that the roads were too bad she was keeping her kids home and the school...CONFUSION!!! I call J tell him to come back home and with in mins I call him back to say that is wrong go back....I think he was getting kinda mad. Anyways he took Austin off to school and we had decided to leave Allie home so I did not have to go out in the mess! Ends up ok because they cancel her school anyways...are you following me? Me neither!! Crazy I tell ya!! But that is not all no not all!!! Today, kids are off to school...yup every weather station in central Oh and surrounding areas are covering the snow storm we are going to get...BUT our little people are off. to. school!!! So at 1:00 I get a call to tell me they are sending the kids home early...ONLY middle and high school! At 1:02 I get a call to say not that early instead of 1 it will be 2:00...and @1:05 the call to say that elementary will stay in school until 3:30...are you with me...it's ok I am lost too!!! I am thinking the superintendent may want to take a break to gather his thoughts...I think his phone will blowing up and his inbox will be full!!!
Well all that aside.....
the kids are having a great time with all the snow we are getting!! Austin wanted to shovel the driveway...WANTED!!!! That is HUGE people my pre-teen wanted to do some work. Okay so it was just to build a bigger pile of snow to play in...hey we will take what we can get!!! Pooh Bear...lovin every bit of it!!!
and Cash was ever so happy to be out in this...and ever so ticked off when we made him come in!!!
I took this from my phone so it is not the best but this is St Rt 314 on my way to get the kiddos today...Seriously...could we get a snow plow out here?! And if not lets go ahead and keep these little people home...even if we do have to make up a day at the end of the year!!!
I will keep you all posted on how things go tomorrow!!! Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

I am thinking you are right about the superintendent getting calls and a full inbox!! I'm actually surprised we got the 2 hour delay call tonight, as opposed to 5:30 in the morning. Anyway, looks like the kiddoes had a blast in the snow this evening!! I've took some pictures yesterday and today, but have yet to post them! Stay warm...Friday morning they're calling for a low of -10 in Columbus!! Brrrrrrrrr...