Saturday, November 1, 2008

dressing up, grade cards and first dance...

Thursday night was off to Trick or Treat! We went to Centerburg with Jess, Kelly and Layne! The kids got lots of candy! It was a nice night for it! "Captain Cutie"
"The sad Bengals fan"
I thought it was important to post this picture of Austin's grade card! I know it is hard to see, but he got all "b's" We are so proud of him! Going to middle school this year has been a big change. All new kids, girlfriends, well only one for Austin (Courtney), independence, riding the bus, changing classes, things that did not matter before, matter now! Clothes, hair, chewing gum for fresh breath! Bigger responsibilities! Oh come on people remember Jr High?! It was a big deal!
So along with this GREAT grade card he brought home on Friday, he also had his first dance!!! He was really excited! He asked Courtney to go with him....ok time out....the dance was right after school, which means that all the kids "went together" but he wanted to ask her....so she said yes! I talked with him about how since he asked her he needed to buy her drinks and snack. You know be the polite young man he is! At 2:30 I kept thinking to myself...self your baby is at his first dance! FIRST DANCE WITH A GIRL...the same GIRL that he "LOVES" the same GIRL that he HUGS EVERY TIME he leaves her....and self YOU ARE NOT THERE...NOT THERE TO KEEP TABS ON THEM!!!!! You can imagine how I must have felt, those of you that are reading that have or have had or will have a sweet, caring, handsome, smart, loving son! I could not wait for 4:30 to come so I could pick him up! Well I was glad to know that I was not alone. When I pulled into the school to get him there were lots of other mom's and dad's that were feeling the same as I!
Oh my baby boy is growing up....
So I would love to be posting a picture of him looking all handsome but it probably would be really bad for him if I had my big camera out to shoot pictures....but I will tell you that he said it was really fun, very loud, and he slow danced with Courtney (I did ask him if he slow danced with her for all the slow songs) ok a little nosey but hey I need to know these things...he said yes...and if you think I was nosey....Johnny....is nosey "did you kiss her" he said no! Ok ma breath now....
Love to all!!!

No comments: