Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Me Monday!!!

Yes folks it is Not Me Monday, again!
Last week was VeRy busy with ball games and birthdays. Sleepovers and visitors. Pulling weeds and potty training. Baby shower and waiting for Miss Emma...who by the way will be making her appearance tomorrow :)
So here it goes....
Potty training is something that went VERY smoothly with Austin and Allie! Austin more so than Allie, but she is in fact the Princess and, will do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants...and I am not seeing that change! Okay so our dear Prince Charming has NO interest in going to the potty...NONE! I have done all the tricks...believe me. Diapers are not cheap! He just does not want to try.
Until...all the sudden...BaM! He wants to wear his underwear...and be a BIG boy! Well that is IF he can pee off the deck....
I being the Mommy I am...AHEM...would Not let my little guy pee off the deck...Nope not me! Nor would I EvEr let him carry our grill lighter around with his naked self to pretend it was a gun so he could shoot "hogs" like his Daddy....Nope not me!!! But IF I did let him do this would that not make the cutest little picture....Yes I thought so too!!! We spend hours upon hours at the ball field with A and A. So much time in fact that sometimes I kinda feel at home when we are there. So while having a Saturday afternoon OFF...no games, no practice...NO BALL, actually at our home I would not put a helmet on our toddler, set up a tee, give him a bat and ball and have him practice his swing...No not me!! But if I did....I bet he could hit that ball!!!!!! And Sunday was Father's Day and because my Dad lives 2 hours away and has a schedule that allows NO time to get away...I did NOT see him.... BUT....
if I did I may SMILE this BIG...because it was Father's Day and I wanted to spend it with him!!!
...So when my Ma took this picture ON Father's Day (yesterday) I was not at all sad that I did not even bother to take a shower and fix my hair or put on some make up....because I did not see him.....NOPE NOT ME : )))))
OH but if I did I would be sure to Thank him for taking the day to spend with our family....
Thanks Dad!!! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy he's a pistol isn't he?? Or should that be pisser? LOL ~ Love the pics!!

Coolwhip said...

LMAO @ Cheryl!! Love the pics, Katie!! When it comes to potty training, you learn to pick your battles. Good luck with it!! He'll do it....when he's darn good and ready! lol