Sunday, January 3, 2010

wrapping it up...+ a couple notes!!!

Happy New Year Blogger friends!!
Welcome 2010!!
Good Bye 2009....
and RIP MJ!!!!!
********************
This year we did Christmas with J's family the day after! We were up early and at John and Linda's to open gifts by 9:30!
Cash was still on a Christmas high...and it got even higher when he opened....
a new bike!!!!!!!!!
# 3 item on my oldest son's list.....
new underwear!!!
Apparently if you don't buy your child underwear when they need them...they still grow!!! And then you feel like a total a** when they make their list and the #3 thing is underwear.
*note to self...in 2010 buy your children undergarments when they need them*
Check out this cute lil guy!!!
Collin!!!
And this handsome guy is Ian...the kids were un-wrapping without tearing the paper....so they could......
cover their head!!!!
After Christmas at John and Linda's we got loaded up and went over to Grandma Brown's. I must have left my camera in the car because I have NO pictures of this!!! I must have been so excited to get inside and eat that I forgot to grab the camera?!
We feasted and I do mean that honestly on some very good Grandma Brown cookin'!!!! This time I ate rolls first!! I always wait until last to eat my roll then I am so full that I either can't eat all of it or only eat 1. And let me tell ya, you don't want to eat just 1 of Grandma Brown's rolls!!!!! So this time I ate 2 before my meal and took what was left of Cash's for after my meal.
*note to self...in 2010 eat Grandma Brown's rolls before meal*
It was a full house and the kids played with each other pretty well....until it was time to go and we said the worst 4 words....CLEAN UP YOUR MESSES!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!
*note to self...in 2010 teach as many children as I can to respect other people's home and things*
After we (adults) cleaned up we were so tired we went straight home, grabbed a blanket and curled up for a nice nights sleep!!!
Until 10:30pm and I woke up Johnny to tell him.....
I am quitting my job!!!
*note to self in 2010....DON'T wake husband in the middle of a nice nights sleep to tell him something so important*
It all worked out!!! I did quit my job!!! I did like that job VERY much!!! But it was really not a "Mommy job" and I did NOT like that AT ALL!!!
I am very blessed to have a husband who supports me in the crazy decisions I make!!! I look at this like, the job got us through Christmas and all the extra spending this time of year. It got me out of the house and let me see what the world is like........CrAzY!!! I met a few really great people who I will stay in contact with!!! I met some that I don't ever care to see again!!! And it helped me to see that when I thought I wanted out of the house to be "Miss I can do it all and be a Mommy too" + "a great wife, and still be able to volunteer when ever needed" I was dead WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't do all that!!! And # 1 most important to me....being a wife/mom!!!
So people....that is what I am going to do!!! And it is making me smile non-stop!!!!!
******
Sunday afternoon and evening we spent with my parents and grandparents!!!
We were so blessed to have them here this Christmas!!!
Allie, Big Papaw, and Austin
Kate, Cash, Jess (baby), Nanny, Allie, Big Papaw, and Austin
(I think Big Papaw and Austin were having tons of fun on the ipod)
Nanny and Papaw and their "girls"
I am looking forward to our next visit with them!! Maybe this year we will make the trip to sunny NC!!! After all we do have lots of family there!!!
*note to self...in 2010 make the trip to NC*
That's it folks....if you made it through the last couple posts you know we had a GREAT Christmas with our families who we love very much!!!
Here is to 2010!!!!!

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

Happy New Year Katie!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful holiday season!! And CONGRATS on quitting your job!! I could tell at our last meeting that it wasn't making you very happy. And don't beat yourself up over Austin needing unders!! Kids outgrown everything so fast. Both my kids had unders & socks on their lists!! lol By the way, I did wave to you this morning while we were dropping our kids off at school. I'm not sure if you saw me or not!! Talk to you soon!!